Christina Sheehan is a Shareholder in the Natural Resources Department. Her practice includes mining, water, energy, natural resources, and Native American law. She has mining law experience specifically involving environmental and regulatory permitting issues. Christina has experience representing clients in general stream adjudications, Indian reserved water rights settlements, and hearings before the Office of the State Engineer. Additionally, she has expertise in the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act and the New Mexico Open Meetings Act. Christina practices in all New Mexico courts and has first chair experience in administrative hearings. Christina has been selected as a Southwest Rising Star by Southwest Super Lawyers® since 2015.
Christina is a member of the State Bar of New Mexico, the New Mexico Young Lawyers Division and the New Mexico Bar Association Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Section. On a national level, she is a member of the American Bar Association. Christina has provided pro bono legal services through the Volunteer Attorney Program sponsored by the Second Judicial District Court.
Christina attended Vassar College and received her undergraduate degree in History and Political Science with a minor in Italian Language in 2005. She received her law degree from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2009 where she graduated cum laude.
Christina is a native New Mexican and a member of the Albuquerque Academy class of 2001. In her free time she enjoys running and rock climbing. Christina is a sponsored marathon runner who has competed in eleven marathons including Athens, Rome, Boston and Philadelphia.
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude; Recipient of the Michael Browde award for Excellence in Constitutional Law, 2009
Vassar College, B.A. in History and Political Science, 2005
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- State Bar of New Mexico, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Volunteer Attorney, Second Judicial District Volunteer Attorney Pool
- President, Albuquerque Academy Alumni Council
- Board Member, Albuquerque Academy Board of Trustees, 2013-2015 and 2018-present
- Director, First Responders 5K
- Director, Globalreliefnow.org
- Introduction to The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and the Lautenberg Act, Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management, New Mexico Society of Hazardous Materials Managers, Albuquerque, New Mexico, October 10, 2018, Susan Miller Bisong and Christina C. Sheehan
- The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management, New Mexico Society of Hazardous Materials Managers, Albuquerque, New Mexico, October 13, 2017, Susan Miller Bisong and Christina C. Sheehan
- Water Quality Regulatory and Statutory Update, New Mexico Water Law: The History and Future of Our Water Resources, Santa Fe, New Mexico, September 12, 2017
- Annual Mining and Public Land Update, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, 62nd Annual Institute, Lake Tahoe, California, July 2016, paper published by RMMLF December 2016.
- What You Need To Know About Public Records and Open Meetings in New Mexico, Lorman Seminars, March 2013, Christina C. Sheehan and Jennifer A. Clements
- Water and Renewable Energy Generation in the Western United States: An Overview of Current Challenges and Opportunities, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Special Institute on the Water-Energy Nexus, Denver, Colorado, September 14, 2012, Christina C. Sheehan and Maria O’Brien
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, selected as a Southwest Rising Star, 2015-present