Christina Sheehan is a shareholder in the firm’s Natural Resources Department. Her practice includes environmental, mining, water, air, energy, and Native American law. She has broad experience counseling clients on federal and state environmental laws and regulations. Christina regularly appears before state and federal agencies and courts on environmental permitting, rulemaking and enforcement matters. Christina has expertise in the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act and the New Mexico Open Meetings Act. Christina practices in all New Mexico courts, and is licensed in New Mexico, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, and the Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. She has been selected as a Southwest Rising Star by Southwest Super Lawyers® since 2015. In 2020, Christina was named a Woman of Influence by Albuquerque Business First. She is recognized by Best Lawyers in America© for her work in Energy Law, Environmental Law and Natural Resources Law.
Christina is a member of the State Bar of New Mexico, the New Mexico Young Lawyers Division and the New Mexico Bar Association Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Section. On a national level, she is a member of the American Bar Association. Christina has provided pro bono legal services through the Volunteer Attorney Program sponsored by the Second Judicial District Court.
Christina attended Vassar College and received her undergraduate degree in History and Political Science with a minor in Italian Language in 2005. She received her law degree from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2009 where she graduated cum laude.
Christina is a native New Mexican and a member of the Albuquerque Academy class of 2001. In her free time she enjoys running and rock climbing. Christina is a sponsored marathon runner who has competed in eleven marathons including Athens, Rome, Boston and Philadelphia.
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude; Recipient of the Michael Browde award for Excellence in Constitutional Law, 2009
Vassar College, B.A. in History and Political Science, 2005
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- State Bar of New Mexico, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Volunteer Attorney, Second Judicial District Volunteer Attorney Pool
- Board Member, Make-A-Wish New Mexico Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Board Member, Albuquerque Academy Board of Trustees, 2013-2015 and 2017-present
- Member, Albuquerque Academy Alumni Council, 2010-2015
- Director, First Responders 5K
- Director, Globalreliefnow.org
- New Mexico Open Courts Chapter, Open Courts Guide, published by Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, 2019, Christina C. Sheehan, Nicole T. Russell, and Patrick J. Rogers
- The Current Status of Per- & Polyflouoroalkul Substances (PFAS), New Mexico Hazardous Materials Managers Association, Albuquerque, New Mexico, February 6, 2020, with David Gratson, Environmental Standards
- Transferring and Securing Water and Mineral Rights in New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico Annual Meeting, Albuquerque, New Mexico, August 3, 2019, Susan Miller Bisong, Christina C. Sheehan, and Scott Brown of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Introduction to The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and the Lautenberg Act, Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management, New Mexico Society of Hazardous Materials Managers, Albuquerque, New Mexico, October 10, 2018, Susan Miller Bisong and Christina C. Sheehan
- The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management, New Mexico Society of Hazardous Materials Managers, Albuquerque, New Mexico, October 13, 2017, Susan Miller Bisong and Christina C. Sheehan
- Water Quality Regulatory and Statutory Update, New Mexico Water Law: The History and Future of Our Water Resources, Santa Fe, New Mexico, September 12, 2017
- Annual Mining and Public Land Update, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, 62nd Annual Institute, Lake Tahoe, California, July 2016, paper published by RMMLF December 2016
- What You Need To Know About Public Records and Open Meetings in New Mexico, Lorman Seminars, March 2013, Christina C. Sheehan and Jennifer A. Clements
- Water and Renewable Energy Generation in the Western United States: An Overview of Current Challenges and Opportunities, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Special Institute on the Water-Energy Nexus, Denver, Colorado, September 14, 2012, Christina C. Sheehan and Maria O’Brien