Daniel Alsup is a member of the firm’s Public Finance group. He regularly advises clients regarding a wide variety of public finance transactions and matters, including general obligation and revenue bonds, industrial revenue bonds, special district formation and financing, tax exempt and taxable loans, permissible uses of bond proceeds, post-issuance disclosure compliance, and bond election procedures.
Chambers USA has recognized Daniel in the area of Corporate/Commercial law and stated, “Daniel Alsup comes highly regarded for his work in bond finance. One client says that he is “a rising star in Albuquerque for bond counsel, and doesn’t get bogged down like others in minutiae.” He has been selected as a Southwest Rising Star in Government Finance by Southwest Super Lawyers®, and has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® in Public Finance Law. Best Lawyers® named Daniel the 2022 Public Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque.
Daniel is a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Law School: University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude, New Mexico Law Review, Managing Editor, 2008-2009; Order of the Coif; Dean’s Award for Significant Contributions to the Law School Community
Undergraduate: University of New Mexico, B.A. in Political Science, 2006, magna cum laude
- Daniel has extensive experience representing public bodies in New Mexico in a wide variety of public finance transactions.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member, Public Law Section
- American Bar Association, Section on State and Local Government Law
- Leadership Albuquerque, Class of 2014
- St. Mark’s in the Valley Day School, past Board Member
- Bonds 101, New Mexico Municipal League, December 3, 2015
- Public Improvement District Disclosures, Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors, August 19, 2013
- Best Lawyers® Public Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America®, in Public Finance Law, 2019-present
- Chambers USA Directories of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Corporate/Commercial law, 2016-present
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, selected as a Southwest Rising Star in Government Finance, 2014-present