Paul Fish focuses his practice in commercial litigation, corporate law, bankruptcy law, loan workouts, and foreclosure. For more than thirty years, clients have sought Paul’s advice when dealing with complex financial issues.
A Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy and recognized by Best Lawyers of America® since 1983, Paul was selected as “Lawyer of the Year – Bankruptcy” in Albuquerque by Best Lawyers in 2011 and 2012. He has achieved an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is among those listed by Southwest Super Lawyers.® Paul was named “Best of the Bar in Bankruptcy” in 2010 by the New Mexico Business Weekly.
Paul is a member of the Creditors’ Rights Group for the Litigation Practice Group and currently serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Harvard University Law School, J.D., 1972
Drake University, 1969, Phi Eta Sigma
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- Security Federal Savings and Loan Association of Albuquerque, et al. v. Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, et al. (RTC v. FSLIC)
- Landmark Land Company, Inc. and FDIC v. The United States
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bar Association; Business Bankruptcy Section; Subcommittees on Avoiding Powers and Bankruptcy, Trust Indentures and Claims Trading
- Past Chair, The Disciplinary Board of the New Mexico Supreme Court
- Annual Bankruptcy Year in Review, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010-2016
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year Litigation – Bankruptcy in Albuquerque,” 2012
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights in Albuquerque,” 2011
- Best Lawyers of America® in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Litigation-Bankruptcy, and Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law, 1983-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- New Mexico Business Weekly “Best of the Bar in Bankruptcy,” 2010
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey), 2007-present