Modrall Sperling is seeking a reliable probate paralegal to join our Albuquerque office. The ideal candidate must have significant experience with probate administration, as well as experience completing IRS Form 706, the ability to exercise sound judgment, and work independently.
- Draft and file probate pleadings
- Prepare estate and trust inventories
- Track and evaluate creditor claims
- Prepare interim and final estate and trust accounting
- Prepare estate tax returns
- Assist with developing plan for allocation of estate and trust assets
- Draft documents to transfer estate and trust assets (deeds, assignments, etc.)
- Draft other documents as needed (agreements, affidavits, petitions to modify trusts, etc.)
- Correspondence to and communication with clients and family members
- Coordinate with stockbrokers, bankers, accountants, insurance agents, real estate agents, appraisers, etc.
- Calendar and monitor probate and tax deadlines
- Monitor case progress
- Manage files and documents
- Research and analysis of case issues
- College degree
- 5+ years’ probate experience.
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as advanced oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a high volume office and team environment are essential.
- Provide a minimum of two attorney references along with your resume.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life/AD&D Insurance, 401(k) savings plan and generous paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Working remotely due to Covid is optional.
Please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to Susan Harris, Benefits Administrator, Modrall Sperling, 500 4th Street NW, Suite 1000, Albuquerque, NM 87102 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.