Susan Miller Bisong to Present at Water Law CLE
Date: September 16th, 2015
Location: MCM Elegante
2020 Menaul, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
“Establishing the Validity of Agricultural Water Rights,” presented by Susan Miller Bisong, Chair of Water Law Practice Group, Modrall Sperling, kicks off the Albuquerque-based CLE.
She is covering various aspects of the subject, including:
- Establishing priority date, source and diversion point
- Wildlife habitat, seasonal flow and other considerations
- Ensuring nonuse periods are not a problem
- Spotting unquantified, unadjucated and unexercised water rights that affect water availability
- Involving engineers and other key experts to establish water right validity
The remaining sessions in the National Business Institute (NBI) CLE that day are slated to cover:
- Conducting Agricultural Water Rights Title Searches
- Negotiating Agricultural Water Right Sales and Leasing Agreements
- Changing the Use and Diversion Point of Water: How it Works
- Current Issues and Updates in Agricultural Water Law
This basic-to-intermediate level overview of issues related to agricultural water right transfers is for attorneys. Government officials, energy company representatives and landmen may also find it useful.
Continuing Education Credit
American Association of Professional Landmen – AAPL: 6.00
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
Learn more about this training session or register by going to National Business Institute’s website for Agricultural Water Law.
POSTED IN: Alerts