The approximately 60 lawyers at Modrall Sperling are supported by staff including paralegal, secretarial, accounting, administrative and document management personnel. We recognize the value of our dedicated, knowledgeable and professional staff, and make every effort to take advantage of their expertise. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life/AD&D Insurance, 401(k) savings plan and generous paid time off.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, or if you would like more information, please contact us by email at SusanH@modrall.com, or at:
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103-2168
Seeking a full-time litigation paralegal to join our Albuquerque office.The ideal candidate must have excellent research and writing skills, as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment, think creatively, and work independently. Required: Five or more years’ experience in defense litigation; above-average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat; strong analytical skills, as well as advanced oral and written communication skills.
Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a high volume office and team environment are essential. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Obtain, review and analyze documents, including medical records and financial records, tax and employment records, or any other relevant information
- Prepare medical record chronologies
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files
- Compile evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, libraries, and databases
- Manage files and documents
- Coordinate with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts
- Calendar and track all discovery and various other deadlines
- Generate status reports, logs, and indexes
- Correspond with clients and opposing law firms
- Research and analysis of case issues, including medical research of facts, medical articles, and expert articles
- Communication of issues with experts and investigation and analysis of expert qualifications and experience, including prior transcripts, testimony and articles
Immediate opening for a full-time Nurse Paralegal to assist attorneys with medical record review and analysis. Successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under high pressure. Required: B.S. in Nursing. Preferred: Experience with long-term care; a minimum of 4 years’ experience with medical records review and analysis; or consultant experience in a legal setting or in the insurance field. Pay is commensurate with experience. Professional references are required. Please forward resume to contact information shown above.
Immediate opening for a full-time Legal Assistant. Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working as a legal assistant, primarily within the medical malpractice field. Knowledge of New Mexico court rules and court filings is a must. This position requires strong Word, PDF, Document Management, Docketing and Outlook experience. Candidate must have exceptional communication skills and a customer service attitude. Must be self-motivated with attention to detail, a quick learner, editing and proofreading skills, a good basic knowledge of mathematics and ability to multi-task. Pay is commensurate with experience. Professional references are required. Please forward resume to contact information shown above.