Insurance is a highly regulated industry. Major domestic and foreign insurers of all types rely on our experienced team of insurance lawyers to navigate the complexities of this business and regulatory environment.
We have extensive litigation, regulatory and transactional experience representing insurers and insurance-related organizations in a wide range of matters and with respect to virtually all lines of personal and commercial insurance.
Our practice involves litigation at trial and appellate levels, arbitration and mediation, and client counseling and advice regarding a broad spectrum of coverage, claims handling and regulatory insurance issues including:
- Coverage analysis
- Insurance litigation such as:
- Bad faith litigation
- Benefits and ERISA litigation
- Catastrophe & major claims litigation
- Class action and coverage defense
- Sales practices litigation
- Insurance Regulation including:
- Enforcement intervention
- Administrative hearings and appeals
- Excess and surplus lines
- Guaranty associations and insurer insolvency
- Regulatory compliance
- Governmental, privacy and market conduct exams
- Insurance transactions
Our insurance attorneys have a wealth of knowledge in this area gained from numerous years of representing a variety of insurers in a wide range of matters. Numerous individual lawyers have received the highest rankings by peer review, are active members of industry and professional groups and have lectured on insurance related topics to the industry.