The competition-driven teeth behind our federal and state antitrust laws, while often effective as means of achieving broadly conceived economic and social policy, can seem daunting to the well-meaning participants within the industries most often affected by those laws.
For decades, our lawyers have provided antitrust counseling and defended clients against claims of violations of federal and state antitrust laws.
- Represented a significant natural resources development company in federal court litigation involving civil antitrust and fraud claims relating to coal supply contracts
- Acted as lead or local counsel in a variety of cases in which conduct or contracts by a party in New Mexico were a focal point of dispute, or in multi-state or multi-jurisdiction class actions
- Advised a variety of clients regarding potential impacts of federal or state antitrust laws on business plans
- Presented antitrust issues discussions to groups including the American Bar Association
- Authored papers and a chapter of a multi-state treatise on antitrust issues, and served as the New Mexico Editor of State Antitrust Practice and Statutes, published by the American Bar Association