Tomas Garcia Named to ABA Position
Tomas Garcia has been appointed by the American Bar Association as State Membership Chair. He is commissioned with spearheading ABA membership growth and engagement in New Mexico. Tomas will serve a three-year term ending with the adjournment of the ABA’s Annual Meeting in 2022.
The appointment caps an active career of service to ABA:
- Young Lawyers Division Scholar (2014-2015);
- Associate Editor of the ABA Young Lawyers Division’s national publication The Young Lawyer (2014-2015);
- Vice Director of the Young Lawyers Division Affiliates Assistance Team (2015-2016);
- Vice Director of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee (2018-2019);
- YLD Men of Color Project Team Member (2018-2019)
- YLD Liaison to the ABA Litigation Section (2018-2020);
- ABA Business Law Section Fellow (2015-2017);
- Vice Chair of the ABA Business Law Section’s Technology & Communications Subcommittee (2015-2017);
- ABA Litigation Section Diverse Leaders Academy participant (2016-2018); and,
- Co-director of membership for the Litigation Section’s Products Liability Committee (2017-2018)
- ABA New Mexico State Membership Chair (2019 – 2022)
Earlier this year, Tomas received the ABA’s On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers Award, and in 2015 New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association named him “Young Lawyer of the Year.” Tomas is ranked by Southwest Super Lawyers® and has an AV® peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.