Doug Vadnais has more than 30 years of transaction and litigation experience in diverse business matters, real estate, and the protection and exercise of creditors’ rights. He has represented the entire spectrum of clients from individuals to Fortune 500 companies, and brings to each a pragmatic, practical approach to problem solving, with the aim of effecting an efficient and advantageous resolution for the client. Clients include both buyers and sellers of commercial and residential real estate, persons or entities enforcing or defending contract rights, lenders extending credit and collateralizing loans, as well as enforcing and foreclosing mortgages and security interests or defending against claims of lender liability, and persons or entities embroiled in partner or shareholder relations disputes such as minority shareholder rights, valuation, dissolution, and the like. Because of his commercial litigation experience, Doug is able to anticipate potential problems and posture the client at the transactional stage to address and avoid such pitfalls; and his transaction experience facilitates his ability to litigate commercial matters.
Best Lawyers in America® selected Doug as 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” in Litigation – Bankruptcy in Albuquerque, and 2016 “Lawyer of the Year” in Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Albuquerque. He has achieved an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is among those listed in Southwest Super Lawyers®. Since 1989, Doug has been a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. In addition, Doug has served as Director of the Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico, and is a past Chair of the Board of Directors for that section.
Doug is currently the head of the firm’s Creditors Rights Practice Group and has previously chaired the firm’s Associates Committee.
Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 1980, cum laude
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Bachelor of Arts, 1977
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Mexico
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 1989-present
- State Bar of New Mexico, Section on Bankruptcy Law; past Director, past Chair of the Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Sections on Business Law, Tort & Insurance Practice, Litigation, and Real Property/Probate/Trust
- Local Rules Committee, U. S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Mexico
- Best Lawyers in America® 2016 “Lawyer of the Year” in Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Best Lawyers in America® in Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation-Bankruptcy, and Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law, 2007-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey), 2012-present