Mia Kern Lardy is an associate in the Litigation group. Her legal interests include education law, torts and personal injury. Mia’s practice involves a substantial amount of work for a variety of school districts. Her experience for these public entities includes handling tort cases, special education cases, and employment matters. In addition, she has experience researching legal issues, drafting pleadings, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements, and assisting with mediations. Mia has been successful in getting cases dismissed early in the legal process. In addition, she has lead attorney experience in administrative due process hearings as well as in a jury trial. Mia was recognized as a Southwest Rising Star by Southwest Super Lawyers® in 2016.
After receiving her undergraduate degree in Political Science and Spanish magna cum laude from Marquette University, Mia received her law degree cum laude with a certificate in child law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2010. While at Loyola, Mia was a Child Law Fellow and the Editor-in-Chief of the Children’s Legal Rights Journal. She was awarded the President’s Medallion in 2009. Prior to joining Modrall Sperling, Mia clerked for the Honorable Petra Jimenez Maes of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
Mia was an adjunct professor for a legal drafting class at the University of New Mexico School of Law. She also served on the University of New Mexico School of Law Kellogg Grant Advisory Committee that was charged with designing a new program in children’s law and also offers pro bono legal services for Christian Legal Aid.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. with a certificate in child law cum laude, 2010, Child Law Fellow; Editor-in-Chief, 2009-2010, Junior Editor, 2008-2009, Children’s Legal Rights Journal; President’s Medallion, 2009
Marquette University, Honors B.A. in Political Science and Spanish, 2007, magna cum laude
New Mexico 2010
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico 2012
- State Bar of New Mexico, Young Lawyers Division
- University of New Mexico School of Law Kellogg Grant Advisory Committee, 2015-present
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, past chair, Children and the Law Committee, 2011-2012
- H. Vearle Payne American Inn of Courts, 2013
- Oliver Seth American Inn of the Court, 2010-2012
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Mexico School of Law, Legal Drafting Class
- Christian Legal Aid, 2012 – present
- Law Clerk, Justice Petra Jimenez Maes, New Mexico Supreme Court, 2010-2012
- Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce Leadership Albuquerque, participant, 2013-2014
- Transgendered Employees in the Workplace: What to Do — What Not to Do, Albuquerque EEO Seminar Panel, Albuquerque, NM, May, 2018
- The Workplace and New Mexico Law, Society for Human Resource Management – New Mexico Biennial Conference, Albuquerque, NM, April, 2018
- Domestic Violence and Electronic Communications: What Employers Need to Know, The Non-Profit HR Group, Albuquerque, NM, December, 2015
- Professionalism: What Is It, Can It Be Taught and If So, How?, Oliver Seth Inn of Court, Santa Fe, NM, February, 2011
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, selected as a Southwest Rising Star, 2016-present