Modrall Sperling Announces $10,000 Max J. Madrid Law Diversity Scholarship
To advance the goals of diversity and inclusion within the legal profession, Modrall Sperling has established the Max J. Madrid Law Diversity Scholarship. The scholarship provides tuition assistance toward an awardee’s first or second year of law school in the amount of $10,000. The scholarship’s name honors our former litigation partner and dear friend who tragically passed away in 2012. Max was a passionate advocate for the goals of diversity and inclusion that we espouse.
Persons in their first or second year of law school may apply if they are from a diverse background that historically has been underrepresented within the legal profession.
- Strong academic achievement in college and, if applicable, in the first year of law school;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with employment and/or community service experience;
- Demonstrated excellence in research and communication skills, including written and oral;
- Compelling statement of the applicant’s desire and the ability to overcome obstacles; and
- The student must be in good standing, and the chosen law school must be ABA-accredited.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to Susan Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of applications for the scholarship is January 30, 2021. For an application to be considered complete and reviewed, it must include all of the following:
- A personal statement of 500 to 700 words addressing eligibility and the selection criteria;
- A current resume showing applicant’s education, job history and community involvement;
- A five- to ten-page writing sample, unedited by any third party, preferably on a law topic;
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from undergraduate and graduate or law programs; and
- Two academic, professional and/or employment references, with full contact information.
Selected candidates who are finalists for the scholarship will be contacted to schedule interviews.
Modrall Sperling is dedicated to fostering an environment that embraces differences, promotes equality, and engenders mutual respect and inclusion where everyone has the opportunity to excel.
Direct any questions about the Max J. Madrid Law Diversity Scholarship to email@example.com.
POSTED IN: News