Modrall Sperling $10,000 Max J. Madrid Law Diversity Scholarship
To advance the goals of diversity and inclusion within the legal profession, Modrall Sperling has established the Max J. Madrid Law Diversity Scholarship. The scholarship provides tuition assistance toward an awardee’s second or third year of law school in the amount of $10,000. The scholarship’s name honors our former litigation partner and dear friend who tragically passed away in 2012. Max was a passionate advocate for the goals of diversity and inclusion that we espouse.
Persons in their first or second year of law school may apply.
- Strong academic achievement in college and, if applicable, in the first year of law school;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with employment and/or community service experience;
- Demonstrated excellence in research and communication skills, including written and oral;
- Compelling statement of the applicant’s desire and the ability to overcome obstacles;
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated desire to practice law in the State of New Mexico; and
- The student must be in good standing, and the chosen law school must be ABA-accredited.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to Regina Torrez, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an application to be considered complete and reviewed, it must include all of the following:
- A personal statement of 500 to 700 words addressing eligibility and the selection criteria;
- A current resume showing applicant’s education, job history and community involvement;
- A five- to ten-page writing sample, unedited by any third party, preferably on a law topic;
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from undergraduate and graduate or law programs; and
- Two academic, professional and/or employment references, with full contact information.
The deadline to apply is January 26, 2024.
Selected candidates who are finalists for the scholarship may be contacted to schedule interviews.
Modrall Sperling is dedicated to fostering an environment that embraces differences, promotes equality, and engenders mutual respect and inclusion where everyone has the opportunity to excel.
Direct any questions about the Max J. Madrid Law Diversity Scholarship to email@example.com
POSTED IN: News