Liliana Benitez De Luna practices in the areas of labor and employment law, personal injury litigation, and commercial disputes. Prior to joining Modrall Sperling, Lily was a litigator at a prominent New Mexico law firm where she represented clients in personal injury litigation, collateral-recovery actions, employer/employee disputes, and in general litigation.
Lily is an Albuquerque native but lived in Mexico during her childhood, and spent a year in Spain where she taught English at a public high school after completing her undergraduate degree. After returning from Spain, Lily attended the University of New Mexico School of Law and received the Clinical Honors Award and the ABA/BNA Employment and Labor Law Award for her work at the law school’s clinic program representing clients in wage and hour disputes, and small business disputes.
When she is not practicing law, Lily spends her time travelling with her husband and son.
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 2018
University of New Mexico, B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications, and Spanish, cum laude, 2014
- New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association, Board Member
- New Mexico’s Women’s Bar Association, Board Member
- Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation, Board Member
- Corrales International School, Governing Council Member
- “Preparing to Re-Open in a Pandemic: When and How to Bring Back Employees,” May 19, 2020. Independent Community Bankers Association of New Mexico Virtual Conference, with Benjamin E. Thomas, Sutin, Thayer & Browne, A Professional Corporation.