Legal Assistant – Santa Fe
We are looking for a self motivated Legal Assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of two or more attorneys.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support cases and case management
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Proven working experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary
- Knowledge of New Mexico court rules; federal, state and administrative court filings; legal procedures and protocols; and federal, state and administrative court systems
- Knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy, including but not limited to Word, PDF, Document Management, Docketing and Outlook
- Proficiency in English with editing and proof-reading skills
- Satisfactory knowledge of mathematics
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and a customer service attitude
- Must be a team-player, self-motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
Modrall Sperling offers an excellent benefits package. Salary is based on experience. Please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to Susan Harris, Benefits Administrator, Modrall Sperling, 500 4th Street NW, Suite 1000, Albuquerque, NM 87102 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.