Super Lawyers Names 32 Modrall Sperling Attorneys to 2018 List; Four Named Top 25 New Mexico Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers has announced that 32 Modrall Sperling attorneys were named to their 2018 list, four of whom being named to the listing of Top 25 New Mexico Super Lawyers. According to Super Lawyers, their competitive process evaluates candidates in 12 areas of peer recognition and professional achievement. Of the attorneys nominated this year, only 2.5% were selected as Rising Stars, with 5% selected to join the Super Lawyers list.
Top 25 New Mexico Super Lawyers
Four of the firm’s attorneys have been named to the listing of 2018 Top 25 New Mexico Super Lawyers: Stuart R. Butzier, John R. Cooney, Jennifer A. Noya and Lynn H. Slade. A total of 32 Modrall Sperling attorneys were named to the 2018 Super Lawyers list this year.
Stuart Butzier has assisted mining, energy, high-tech, and ranching clients throughout his twenty-five-plus year legal career with Modrall Sperling. Currently Head of the firm’s Natural Resources Department and Managing Director of the Santa Fe office, he was also a recent four-year member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
John Cooney is an experienced practitioner in the areas of natural resources law, antitrust law, class action defense, eminent domain and complex commercial litigation and arbitration. He is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and former President of the State Bar of New Mexico.
Jennifer Noya practices primarily in insurance coverage defense, employment law, professional liability, civil rights, class action and complex litigation. As Chair of the firm’s Insurance Service Group, Jennifer has defended a wide variety of cases, including defense of insurers in class action litigation involving both life insurance and auto coverage.
Lynn Slade has been addressing clients’ needs in the areas of Federal Indian law and Native American law, energy, natural resources, environmental law, project development, complex litigation and transactions for more than 30 years. He serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Native American/ Federal Indian Law Practice.
The Modrall Sperling attorneys recognized as 2018 Southwest Super Lawyers are:
Southwest Super Lawyer List
- Jennifer G. Anderson – Employment Litigation, Personal Injury – Products, Class Action/Mass Torts
- Martha G. Brown – Professional Liability, Personal Injury – Products, Health Care
- Stuart R. Butzier – Energy & Natural Resources, Environmental Litigation, Administrative Law
- John R. Cooney – Business Litigation, Energy & Natural Resources, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Environmental Litigation
- Donald A. DeCandia – Personal Injury – General, Employee Benefits
- Timothy L. Fields – Personal Injury – General, General Litigation, Insurance Coverage
- Paul M. Fish – Bankruptcy
- Stanley N. Harris – Environmental Litigation, Energy & Natural Resources
- Michelle A. Hernandez – Civil Litigation, Personal Injury – General, Health Care
- Timothy C. Holm – Civil Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts, Personal Injury – Products
- Margaret L. Meister – Real Estate, Business/Corporate
- Megan T. Muirhead – Personal Injury – Products, Class Action/Mass Torts, Employment & Labor
- Brian K. Nichols – Native American Law, General Litigation
- Jennifer A. Noya – Insurance Coverage, Employment & Labor, Class Action/Mass Torts
- Maria O’Brien – Energy & Natural Resources, Utilities
- James M. Parker – Business/Corporate, Tax, Employee Benefits
- Marjorie A. Rogers – Tax, Estate Planning & Probate, Employee Benefits
- Lynn H. Slade – Native American Law, Energy & Natural Resources, Business Litigation
- Walter E. Stern – Energy & Natural Resources, Native American Law
- Douglas R. Vadnais – Bankruptcy, Real Estate, Business Litigation
- Alex C. Walker – Personal Injury – General, Personal Injury – Products, Employment Litigation, Civil Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts, Appellate
Southwest Rising Star List
- Daniel M. Alsup – Government Finance
- Jennifer L. Bradfute – Energy & Natural Resources, Employment & Labor, Business Litigation
- Emily Chase-Sosnoff – Schools & Education, Employment Litigation, Health Care, Personal Injury – General
- Spencer L. Edelman – Creditor Debtor Rights, Business Litigation
- Tomas J. Garcia – Personal Injury – General, Civil Litigation, Business Litigation, Personal Injury – Products
- Jeremy K. Harrison – General Litigation, Business Litigation, Employment Litigation
- Mia Kern Lardy – Schools & Education
- Elizabeth A. Martinez – Civil Litigation, Appellate
- Nathan T. Nieman – Personal Injury – General, Employment Litigation, Civil Litigation
- Christina C. Sheehan – Energy & Natural Resources
- Sarah M. Stevenson – Appellate, Native American Law, Environmental Litigation, Business Litigation
POSTED IN: News, Recognition