Modrall Sperling Law Firm

Handling the Application, Lease, Transfer, and Sale of Water Rights

Applying for Water Rights – from Basic to Complex In order to obtain a water right one must apply for a water permit from the New Mexico Office of the State Engineer. A water permit is an inchoate right and is the…

POSTED IN: Articles

Native American Law Watch – Summer 2014

View as PDF Articles: Supreme Court Affirms Indian Gaming Regulatory Act Does Not Abrogate Sovereign Immunity for Suit Alleging Illegal Gaming Occurring on Non-Indian Lands  The United States Supreme Court’s opinion in Michigan v. Bay Mills Indian Communityaffirmed the ruling below that the…